Palmerston North City Environmental Trust (PNCET) is excited to host the Reel Earth Short Film Competition. Filmmakers of all ages, nationwide, are encouraged to submit their environmental short films - to compete for awesome prizes and the chance to have their film shown on the big screen during the Reel Earth Film Festival 2018 in Palmerston North.
PNCET aims to promote environmental awareness, conservation, and sustainability. The Reel Earth Film Festival and Short Film Competition help to engage, entertain, and inspire people on environmental topics through the powerful art of film. The Short Film Competition is an opportunity for all filmmakers – from aspiring to accomplished - to share their thoughts about what’s important to them when it comes to helping our environment flourish.
The Reel Earth Short Film Competition aims to encourage filmmakers to produce films of any genre that explore positive environmental impacts, sustainability, conservation, and any other environmental issue.
Keep an eye out on the Reel Earth Facebook page (@ReelEarthFilmFest) for details about upcoming free film-making workshops.
Check out last year’s winning films on the Reel Earth YouTube Channel.
- The competition is open to ALL individual filmmakers or filmmaking groups nationwide. Anyone is welcome to apply regardless of age, region, or skill level.
- Entries must have been filmed in New Zealand
- Competition opens on the 15th January 2018, and closes on the 31st March 2018.
- The competition is split into three categories: Junior Section (0-12 years); Youth Section (13-18 years); Adult Section (19+ years).
- We accept films that are up to 8 minutes in length, including title and end credits. Junior category entries should be around 5 minutes long.
- Films are to be submitted with a digital still image, a 40 second preview file (which includes the title), a synopsis, and a completed entry form.
- Entries can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should contain the relevant documents and requirements. The film itself should be linked in the email to whatever video sharing platform used – whether it be Vimeo or YouTube.
- Alternatively, entries can be sent via memory stick in an envelope along with relevant documents addressed to Palmerston North City Environmental Trust, PO Box 1271, Palmerston North, 4410.
- Entry forms can be downloaded here. They can also be sent directly by email if requested.
There will be individual prizes for each age category. The winning film in each category will be shown on the big screen, during the Reel Earth Film Festival in May 2018 (this is quality dependent, PNCET reserves the right to decide if the winning film is appropriate for the big screen).
There will be a range of other prizes from sponsors, including: pre-paid experiences, gifts, and educational opportunities. Keep an eye out on the Reel Earth Facebook page for more information about the prizes.
Prizes will be awarded by our jury of industry professionals, filmmakers, environmentalists, and educators.
For any questions regarding the competition please email email@example.com or call Nikki Hartley on 027 577 5153.